Thursday, November 19, 2009
Journal #10 Reflect on your writing. Has it improved? Where is it stronger? Weaker?
To be honest, I don't really like writing essays. It's one of the things that I hate doing. However, if I do have to write an essay, I want to make sure that it's a good one. It always surprises me though because when im writing an essay, I always think that it's bad, lousy or just... crap, but when I get my papers back, it has a good grade on it and a good comment from the teacher. So, I think that I have improved in my writing and that makes me happy. I think that I have a pretty good essay structure. If I like what I'm writing and I know what it is about, I would have a good introduction, thesis, supporting paragraphs and conclusion. The only thing I need to work on is to give more details and depth to my papers. I also need to work on transitioning from one paragraph to the next and keep the tenses together. I always mix my tenses up. I might start using past tense, then all of a sudden I'm using present tense or vise versa. But because I've learn my mistakes, every time I proofread, I always look out for those and correct my paper. I don't think that I have a problem with sentence structure, like grammar, comma splices or punctuations. Even though I don't like writing essays, I think that it's good because it makes me think and it feels great to be complimented on my hard work or even get corrected for my errors. There's always room for improvement and it helps me see the areas I need to work on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment