Thursday, October 15, 2009
Journal #6 Reflect on what you learned doing group work.
I didn't really learn anything from group work because we were pretty quite and no one really said anything except editing our papers, so I'm just going to reflect on what I learned or my ideas on the topics we discussed in class. We talked about texting and how that affects the romantic relationship between partners. The class thought that it's okay to a certain degree. Since we are in a generation that is technology oriented, we find texting a convenient way of communication. Especially in cases of long distance relationship when you rarely see your significant other, texting seems an easy solution. However, there's a limit on how you depend on texting as your primary way of communication. Natalie Y. Moore's "Rule of Thumbs: Love in the Age of Texting" talks about her boyfriend using texting as a primary tool of communication. It started off as sweet text messages and it got to a point where all he does is text her. When she tries to call him he doesn't pick up or he's too busy to talk to her and just texted her saying "I'll call you later." I can understand that texting is way easy and its more fun, primarily because I'm not very fond of talking on the phone, however, there should be a limit to texting. It's good to spice up your relationship a bit. Flowers here and there, calling just to say "hi" or "how u doin?" or simply to hear their voice. Going to the movies won't hurt or even going to the park. Communication is important in a relationship but it's also important to BE with that person, seeing and talking to that person face to face. The class also talked about breaking up via text or email. Peronally, no one should ever, and I mean ever do that to someone. No matter how hard it is, it should be done in person. Make time and effort to actually schedule a meeting. Breaking up through text or email is such a cowardly thing to do. As one in the class said, "If you had the guts to start it, have the guts to end. Talk it out." If you're ending it anyway at least end in clean and without guilt or regrets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment