Thursday, October 22, 2009

Journal #7 Write an entry about a song that takes you back in time.

It is true that songs can take you back in time. It triggers your memory of that particular time and brings you down memory lane. It surprises me everytime this happens, which is not that often. I especially like it when it takes me to a very memorable experience or event, like the song "That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne Warwick. Everytime I hear this song it always reminds me of the time, almost five years ago, in the Philippines, when my friends are moving to a different location. I met these friends of mine in church. They were in our area because they sell books and stuff. At first, my sister, cousins and I met only three people from their group when we were walking home from church because they went the same way as we did. Then we kept seeing them in church and going home together. We then started hanging out with them more and got to know all of them from their group. Sometimes we hung out at their place and likewise. We would also go jogging in the morning then hang out the whole day. We also attended this Revelation Seminar about the Book of Revelation where three of their group, not the ones we met at first, but three non-Adventist got baptized to our church. After that, everyone started going to church with us. However, their stay is only temporary and they had to change location soon. Mind you all these events happened only in a matter of I think two to three months, but it seemed like I've known them longer. It was really sad because they had to leave before christmas and I was really looking forward to celebrating it with them. The day of their departure came and we went to their place when they were packing. We started singing the song "That's What friends Are For" and everyone started cyring. I remember vividly the tear that ran down my friend's cheek as he bowed down his head for us not to see him crying. It's a memory I hold dear as it is sad, but mostly a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment