Thursday, October 29, 2009
Journal #8 Do you like horror movies? Why or why not?
I guess you could say that I like horror movies because I watch them, but that would be the last thing on my list if I have to choose which genre of movie to watch. It's not really that I like horror movies, but I think it has something to do with curiousity. I know that I'm going to get scared if I watch horror movies and I would regret it sometimes once the movie is done, but I can't help but be curious of what's going to happen throughout the movie. I also think that it has something to do with being knowledgable about horror movies and just watching horror movies so that when I'm hanging out with friends I can share with them on what I've watched and I know what I'm talking about. Another reason might be because I don't want to get left behind. We always watch movies at home, so if everyone wants to watch horror movies, I really can't do anything about it, though I insist to watch comedy instead. I mean, I'm a scaredy cat so I won't stay in my room all by myself and everyone is outside watching the movie. Plus I can hear the sound effects and that makes it worse when I can't see what's going on because I start to imagine it and that's even scarier than watching it play out in TV. As what we've talked in class, watching horror movies is our outlet. According to Stephen King's "Why We Crave Horror Movies," we're all somewhat mentally ill and that we're potential lynchers. Through watching horror movies, we feed the alligators within us and keep them down there. I do admit that there's a thrill to watching horror movies. Sometimes though it's funny how the characters are so stupid and you keep screaming at them to not make a noise and just run for their lives, but apparently they can't hear you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment