Thursday, October 1, 2009
Journal #4 Reflection on why people get tattoos and piercings.
Personally, I don't think that tattoos and piercings are bad, it's just that sometimes when people go over board with them then it doesn't look appealing. People get tattoos and piercongs to make a statement. Sometimes, it tells you who they are, what they represent or maybe even what's important to that person. Other times, people get tattoos and piercings just to look cool. I also think that it's cool but only in a small scale, like earings and a couple of tattoos that are actually important to that person. Some people have tattoos and piercings on unnecessary places and it bugs the hell out of me. For example, why the hell would people want piercings on their nipples, bellybutton, or even on their eyebrows?? I'm not saying i don't respect them, but it doesn't look appropriate or appealing and it really looks like it hurts. I like it when people have tattoos like a heart, a star, or a person's name that they care about or something that means something to them, just something small. I don't like it when people have their arms or back full of tattoos. Like what was mentioned in class discussion, getting tattoos and piercing can be addicting, everything can be addicting and it's on the person to make the desicion. I don't think I'm going to get a tattoo. I just think that it's bad for you, especially for people who go over board and because when you get older, oh man, that sure wouldn't look too good on your saggy skin. But then again, who am I to judge. If you want tattoo or piercing, go right ahead, my point is that think of what those represent to you and how those affect other people's opinion about you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment